SR330 Spiritual Disciplines
NORTH AMERICAN BIBLE INSTITUTE
Instructor: Dr. Eric Cook
Phone (704) 254-6529
Spiritual Disciplines for the Christian Leader
- COURSE DESCRIPTION
This course will cover several aspect of Spiritual Discipline with a focus on Christian Leadership. We will concentrate on key areas of discipline. Some of these areas are prayer, bible reading, meditation, journaling, reading, writing, worship, fellowship, evangelism, churchmanship, stewardship, and others.
- COURSE OBJECTIVES
- The students should be able to have a firm grasp on basic spiritual disciplines from the content of the class material.
- Discern the first works of the Christian Life.
- Understand the practical implications of the daily practice of these key Christian disciplines.
- Equip the student to utilize these disciplines to become a better leader in their ministry context by showing how each one will help you grow in godliness, and along with offering practical suggestions for cultivating them into everyday life.
- To offer ways to become more Christ-like and grow in character and maturity.
- COURSE REQUIREMENTS
- Reading assignment: Read Donald Whitney book Spiritual Disciplines for the
Christian Life. NavPress, First Edition, Colorado Springs, June 1991.
- Journaling assignment: Journal for one week after the class. Make notations about
your day on what you learned from your devotional time and how God has spoken to
you in specials ways during the day.
- Attendance: Your attendance is required for the personal class work and teaching
instruction on Saturday, April 10th from 8 am till 4 pm.
- COURSE TEXT BOOK
Whitney, S. Donald, Spiritual Disciplines for the Christian Life,
Bounds, E.M., Power Through Prayer,